A report finds the grocery industry needs competition to help keep food prices down, a new strategy to attract digital talent to Canada and a supposed cage fight between billionaires.
Here’s what you need to know to start your day.
1. Grocery competition: The Competition Bureau of Canada is calling on all levels of government to boost competition in the grocery industry, in a bid to lower prices for shoppers.
2. Attracting talent: Canada’s immigration minister introduced a new strategy to attract talent that includes a digital nomad program that could allow more foreigners to live and work here.
3. BMO report: More than two thirds of young Canadians say homeownership is out of reach compared to their parents.
4. Air quality: Canadian wildfires are continuing to send heavy clouds of smoke south, from Northern Ontario and Quebec, through both provinces and into the U.S.
5. Evolution of the human diet:Nine cut marks on …